10 June 2011

Time

Time, why you punish me?
Like a wave crashing into the shore
You wash away my dreams
Time, why you walk away? oh, oh
Like a friend with somewhere to go
You left me crying

Can you teach me 'bout tomorrow
And all the pain and sorrow running free?
'Cause tomorrow's just another day
And I don't believe in time


Time - Hootie & the Blowfish

With my 3rd due date approaching and all the babies being born around me, I've been thinking about the words of this song a lot.  I bought the album it comes from, "Cracked Rear View", when I was about 16 or 17 and quite lonely.  My life is very different now, but the song still fits.

We have a long weekend here in Melbourne this weekend: Queen's birthday...even though her actual birthday was in April (go figure).  Still, if there's a day off work on offer, Australians are unlikely to quibble about the details.  Anyway, I don't plan on doing anything too exciting - having brunch tomorrow with my friend who just had twin girls (after I think 4 cycles of IVF) and another friend.  It will be the first time we've done this since her babies have been home from the hospital and it will be interesting to see if the dynamic is different.  Other than that, will probably try to get some reading done before the next book club meeting and might go see a movie with DH.  Not sure what though...I have vetoed the new "X-Men" movie and he has vetoed "Bridesmaids" so we'll have to see if we can agree on something.

Trying a new recipe in the slow cooker tonight: "Rich Beef Curry" with a few modifications due to lack of ingredients.  I love knowing that dinner is at home cooking itself while I am working away at my desk.  Will just have to hope it tastes good.

I'm not feeling my normal witty self today.  I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that AF is on her way.  I always feel a bit flat this time of the month.  Oh well...there's always ice cream... ;)

2 comments:

  1. you and my husband have the same music taste! i just told him that...he LOVES that song! it's a good one!
    ice cream sure does help...had me some today.
    thinking positive thoughts for u!
    <3
    and if she shows, it'd be great to be cycle sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - she showed up today. Oh well, another cycle. At least this time I know there's no appendix to mess things up this time

    ReplyDelete