18 March 2011

Balm for the Soul

I know it's been a while since my last post but got quite distracted planning and then going on our holiday to Tasmania.  We had a wonderful time and visiting places like Cradle Mountain and the Tamar Valley was, as someone wrote in a guest book, a "balm for the soul".  It helps to remind me that there are beautiful things in the world that don't involve babies.

Did it make everything better?  Of course not.  And just to bring the point home AF arrived yesterday, a few days earlier than usual.  Am feeling a bit like everyone else is a member of a club that won't admit me.  I went with my sister and nephew for brunch.  As tends to happen we ran into someone we knew with a toddler.  There was the whole exchange, "Oh, is that your little one?"  "How old is he?" "Oh, that's such a cute age.  How old is yours?" And I just stand there like a spare wheel.  I am sick of this bitter person I have become.

At least I have pictures (on my computer and in my mind) that I can use when I need a "happy place" to go to.  For the moment that's the best I can do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I found your website via Faces of Loss, and I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to lose so many angel babies. My thoughts are with you!

    ReplyDelete